Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Changes

The campaign is now halfway through: We are taking data since Feb 03, and we (that is the Mainz Particle Chemistry group) plan to leave on March 06. Now is the time for a change: I (Johannes) am flying home to Germany today, and Sören has arrived at the site yesterday to take over. After 4 weeks Brazil I am quite happy to come home again, although I enjoyed the time here. Once the instruments were out of customs, everything went quite smoothly, and the days at the field site were really nice. The data we took so far are very interesting, during the last "science meeting" at the field site (see foto) we had a very intensive discussion on the origin of the particles and air masses we observed here.
At the field site it is rather empty these days: There is a workshop an Amazonas Aerosols nearby, which was originally scheduled after the campaign, but since the campaign had to be shifted, it is now in the middle of the campaign. That means that many people have left to go to the workshop, and the field site is run by only six persons who take care also of foreign instruments.

While I look forward to arriving in a cold, winterly Germany, I hope that everything is still running well at the field site, and I can post further information here when news from the site reach me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CErtainly an impressive research work. Please continue the stories...

I also started a campaing for aerosol monitoring in southern Amazon of Peru.

So far my question, does AMAZE will continue? or is it the end?